Thursday, February 25, 2010

How we got to where we are!

Before you can understand how far we have come you need to know where we have come from, how we started on our journey to getting Max and how he became a part of our family. During the fall of 2009 I started talking to my husband about getting a pet for myself and the children. We discussed the pro's and con's of both cats and dogs. My husband shot down the idea of a cat very early on as he is highly allergic. This of course made the children sad as they wanted a kitten.

I, however, have always been a dog person. I had my wonderful Bear for eleven years, she was a chow that was given to me by my first husband. When I moved form the country, Mississippi, to the city, Chicago, I decided she would be better off staying with my ex husband who had land and was not going to be living in an apartment. I missed Bear and great deal and never imagined that I would have another dog, especially
once I had triplets. How on earth was I going to care for a dog as well as the kids.

Now that the kids are in school and I have time on my hands I thought it would be the best time to add a new member to our family and once my husband got on board there was no stopping me. I did my homework, contacted rescues and put my name on every list I could think of. I was addicted to petfinder.com, humane society web site as well as Craigslist (a whole different post)

A friend of mine associated with a rescue in the area contacted me about Max, after two other dogs fell through. She knew very little about Max, just that he needed a good loving home and he needed it fast. I contacted the owner as she was in the process of picking up ten rescues from a different state. After many questions and yes being lied to I agreed to go met Max. I of course, fell in love with him as soon as I saw him and he came home with us that night. This was three weeks ago, during this three weeks we have been through a lot and in the upcoming post you will see how we almost lost max not once but twice. Just so you know we are very committed to Max and there is no way he will be re-homed. My kids would be devastated as well I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angel

.